Elisha Morgan Mansion
John Hay, the owner in 1831, was the father of Mary Ann
Hay, first wife of David Huston. John, who was also David’s
first cousin, sold the property to David in 1849. David’s
second wife was Elizabeth Mack, daughter of Erastus
Mack, for whom Mack Road is named. In 1858, David
and Elizabeth Huston added the Greek Revival section
to the rear, with a sleeping porch, at a cost of $1000.
Erected by Friends of Elisha Morgan, Fairfield Parks and Recreation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Parks & Recreational Areas.
Location. 39° 18.654′ N, 84° 30.307′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Ohio, in Butler County. Marker can be reached from Ross Road south of Mack Road, on the right when traveling south. Marker is in Gilbert Farms Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6181 Ross Road, Fairfield OH 45014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 22, 2018, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 119 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 22, 2018, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.