Cotulla in La Salle County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
— Old San Antonio Road —
Daughters of the
and The State of Texas
Erected 1918 by The Daughters of the American Revolution & The State of Texas.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 28° 26.218′ N, 99° 14.03′ W. Marker is in Cotulla, Texas, in La Salle County. Marker is at the intersection of Tilden Street (State Highway 97) and North Front Street, on the right when traveling east on Tilden Street. Marker is located beside the highway, facing north, in a small plaza on the east side of Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cotulla TX 78014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old San Antonio Road (here, next to this marker); La Salle County's First Artesian Well (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Polish Immigrant Joseph Cotulla (about 600 Cotulla City Park (about 700 feet away); La Salle County (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First United Methodist Church of Cotulla (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Cotulla (approx. 0.2 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is a 2.5-foot tall, pink granite slab that is significantly weathered and somewhat difficult to read.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 13, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.