Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Twin Falls in Twin Falls County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
 

Highland Park

 
 
Highland Park Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, May 13, 2018
1. Highland Park Marker
Inscription.  Under the Homestead Act of 1880, John Lingren acquired this land, cleared the sagebrush, raised vegetables and dairy products, started a nursery, planted hundred of fruit, evergreen, shade and ornamental trees. It became Idaho Falls' first amusement park when in 1904-5 a picnic area, baseball diamond, dance pavilion, boating pond and swimming pool were added. In 1920 Idaho Falls purchased the park and later the old buildings were demolished, leaving only a log structure which had been used for school, church and tourist accommodations.
 
Erected 1963 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Highland Park, Bonneville County, Idaho. (Marker Number 286.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureEntertainmentParks & Recreational Areas. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers series list.
 
Location. 43° 30.249′ N, 112° 2.345′ W. Marker is in Twin Falls, Idaho, in Twin Falls County. Marker is on West Elva Street near Blaine Avenue
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 520 West Elva Street, Idaho Falls ID 83402, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Native American Encampments (approx. 0.4 miles away); Keefer's Island (approx. 0.4 miles away); Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing (approx. half a mile away); Eagle Rock Meeting House (approx. half a mile away); Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation (approx. half a mile away); Snake River Bridge (approx. 0.6 miles away); Prisoners of War in Idaho Falls (approx. 0.6 miles away).
 
More about this marker. The marker is at the corner of West Elva Street and Jim Garchow Way.
 
Highland Park Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, May 13, 2018
2. Highland Park Marker
Melaleuca Field, Home of the Twin Falls Chukars Baseball in the background.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 8, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 8, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 355 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 8, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=124383

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 18, 2024