Lititz Springs Park Entrance Gates
The first entrance to Lititz Springs Park was a small walking path leading off of Maple Street opposite the old brewery. In 1844 a new visitor entrance to the Park was opened at Broad Street. It was located on the south side of the Lititz Springs Creek. Made of wood, the entrance gate had a smaller walking gate to the left. The word "Springs" was arched over the top.
A more sturdy and elaborate iron gate with fencing replaced the wooden structure. The words "Lititz Springs" were highlighted on this later gate.
In 1957, ravaged by both time and nature, the park required much needed improvements. As a result, the entrance to the Park was modernized as we see it today.
Robert "Sketch" Mearig
a collector of Lititz history, who loved Lititz Springs Park
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Man-Made Features • Parks & Recreational Areas.
Location. 40° 9.476′ N, 76° 18.462′ W. Marker is in Lititz, PennsylvaniaTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18 North Broad Street, Lititz PA 17543, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lititz Spring Park Memorial Fountain (here, next to this marker); Lititz Springs Park Historical Markers (a few steps from this marker); Lititz (a few steps from this marker); Elmer Holmes Bobst (a few steps from this marker); 1895 Drinking Fountain (within shouting distance of this marker); Building of the Lititz Freight Station in 1921 (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Importance of Conversation (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lititz.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 12, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 83 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.