Near Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of San Pedro
Spanish Mission and First Official County Seat of Madison County
Erected 1971 by The San Pedro Bay Sportsman Club in Cooperation with Department of State, Bureau of Historic Sites and Properties. (Marker Number F-184.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1828.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 30° 21.922′ N, 83° 29.077′ W. Marker was near Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker was on State Road 14, 0.1 miles north of County Road 360, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles The Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 7.8 miles away); Steam Engine of the Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 7.8 miles away); First Baptist Church 1898 Sanctuary (approx. 8.2 miles away); City of Madison (approx. 8.2 miles away); Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church (approx. 8.3 miles away); W.T. Davis Building (approx. 8.3 miles away); Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center (approx. 8.3 miles away); The Wardlaw-Smith House (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 31, 2019, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 367 times since then and 142 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 31, 2019, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.