Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

T.T. Tate House

Built 1867

 
 
T.T. Tate House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Larry Gertner, 2008
1. T.T. Tate House Marker
Inscription.  Built by Dr. Theodore Thompson Tate in 1867, this double gable, board and batten cottage is a rare local example of the Carpenter Gothic Style popularized by the noted Landscape Architect Andrew Jackson Downing. Dr. Tate, a prominent local surgeon, served with distinction during the Gettysburg Campaign as Assistant Surgeon of the 3rd Pennsylvania cavalry.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureScience & MedicineWar, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1867.
 
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. It was located near 39° 49.859′ N, 77° 14.034′ W. Marker was in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker was on 115 Chambersburg Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. A different marker also named T.T. Tate House (here, next to this marker); C.W. Hoffman House (a few steps from this marker); Ice House Complex (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish House
T.T. Tate House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Larry Gertner, 2008
2. T.T. Tate House
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Thaddeus Stevens (about 400 feet away); Reverend Horatio S. Howell (about 400 feet away); "…expecting to find all dead." (about 400 feet away); "…the pathos of those poor wounded men…" (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
 
More about this marker. This marker was replaced by a new one also named T.T. Tate House (see nearby markers)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2017, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 41 times this year. Last updated on February 24, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2017, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=130276

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 6, 2022