Midtown in St. Louis, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Built in 1920
From 1932 through 1934 this building housed Southwest Willys Co., a dealership for Willys Overland Automobiles and Trucks and Willys-Knight Automobiles.
Charles W. Nash, was abandoned by his parents at age 6. At age 12, he fled from the farm he had been bound out to, and got a job as a cushion stuffer in The Durant Buggy factory. He rose to President of General Motors Corporation, resigning from that position in 1916, to found Nash Motor Co.
Erected by The Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri and Hilliker Corporation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles.
Location. 38° 38.153′ N, 90° 13.314′ W. Marker is in Midtown in St. Louis, Missouri. Marker is on Locust Street west of North Garrison Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ford Building (a few steps from this marker); Locomobile Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cole-Standard Building (about 300 feet away); Stearns-Knight Building (about 300 feet away); Stutz Building (about 300 feet away); Cadillac Building (about 400 feet away); Dodge-Reo Building (about 500 feet away); Moon Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Midtown.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 93 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.