Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Villa de Reyes in Municipality of Villa de Reyes, San Luis Potosí, Mexico — The Northeast (and Central Highlands)
 

First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree

 
 
First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, March 18, 2019
1. First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker
Inscription.  

El Honorable Ayuntamiento
2012-2015
A los luchadores anónimos del agrarismo
Al conmemorar el primer centenario del Decreto de Restitución de Tierras.
Villa de Reyes, S.L.P.
15 de septiembre de 2015

English translation:
The Honorable City Council
2012-2015
To the many nameless supporters of agrarianism on the commemoration of the first centenary of the Land Restitution Decree.
Villa de Reyes, San Luis Potosí, September 15, 2015
 
Erected 2015 by El Honorable Ayuntamiento de Villa de Reyes 2012-2015.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureCivil RightsGovernment & PoliticsWars, Non-US.
 
Location. 21° 48.226′ N, 100° 55.899′ W. Marker is in Villa de Reyes, San Luis Potosí, in Municipality of Villa de Reyes. Marker is on Independencia just east of Principal, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Villa de Reyes, San Luis Potosí 79500, Mexico. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 21 kilometers of this marker, measured
First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, March 18, 2019
2. First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker
The marker can be seen roughly in the middle of this view. To the left is the grave of Father Ponciano Pérez. On the right is a further memorial to Father Pérez.
as the crow flies. Saint Francis of Assisi Parish (a few steps from this marker); The Viceregal Powers in Villa de Reyes (within shouting distance of this marker); The Fortress (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Tourism Office (approx. 20.1 kilometers away); Foundation of Santa María del Río (approx. 20.1 kilometers away); City Hall (approx. 20.1 kilometers away); Purísima Chapel (approx. 20.1 kilometers away); Otomíes and Guachichiles (approx. 20.1 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Villa de Reyes.
 
Regarding First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree. The marker refers to the Agrarian Law (Ley Agraria) of 1915, promoted by President Venustiano Carranza. The law provided for the return of lands stolen by plantation owners and was one of the greatest achievements of the Mexican Revolution.
 
First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, March 18, 2019
3. First Centenary of the Land Restitution Decree Marker
The marker can be seen in profile to the right in this view, with the Catholic Church of Villa de Reyes in the background.
The nearby grave of Father Ponciano Pérez from 1922, a supporter of land restitution image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, March 18, 2019
4. The nearby grave of Father Ponciano Pérez from 1922, a supporter of land restitution
A memorial to Father Ponciano Pérez from 1983 image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, March 18, 2019
5. A memorial to Father Ponciano Pérez from 1983
Al procer y benefactor el Pbro. Ponciano Perez con gratitud le dedican este monumento el H. Ayuntamiento, ejidatorios y pueblo, en el LXI aniversario de su muerte
Villa de Reyes, S.L.P. 21-X-1983
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 29, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement
Mar. 6, 2021