As late as 1945 the entire town consisted of a service station, and the store and tavern. Faye Crenshaw opened the town’s first real estate office across from the Tavern in 1950. Nearby, Carl Richard’s blacksmith shop and garage was also the first fire station.
Development brought pressure to the Forest Service to trade additional parcels within the town. Sedona’s fire timeshare opened in January 1984 – a new real estate concept at the time.
Erected by Sedona Historical Society.
Location. 34° 52.031′
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Wayne & His Sedona Connection (here, next to this marker); Orchards (a few steps from this marker); Early Tourism (a few steps from this marker); First Assembly of God (a few steps from this marker); Sedona Historical Society (a few steps from this marker); The Artist of Sedona (a few steps from this marker); Sedona Schnebly (within shouting distance of this marker); Little Horse Park/Chapel of the Holy Cross (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sedona.
Categories. • Agriculture • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Early Uptown.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2019, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 92 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 7, 2019, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.