Near Santa Rosa Jáuregui in Municipality of Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The Mission at Concá
De Paseo por Querétaro
(Arroyo Seco, Qro.)
1750 ∙ Inicio de su construcción por Fray Antonio Munguía.
En el primer nivel de la fachada existen imágenes de San Francisco de Asís y San Antonio de Pudúa, San Fernando y San Roque.
En el remate de la fachada se encuentra la imagen de La Trinidad, representado bajo tres personas idénticas que descansan sobre un globo terráqueo.
Es la única iglesia mexicana que tiene la figura de un conejo.
El dibujo del conejo es de origen europeo, pero el significado es prehispánico, representaba al águila imperial con el sol y lo relacionaron con la luna-conejo.
The Mission at Concá
(Arroyo Seco, Querétaro)
1750 ∙ Its construction is begun by Friar Antonio Munguía. On the first level of the facade there are images of Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Anthony of Padua, Saint Fernando and Saint Roch. At the top of the facade is the image of The Trinity, represented by three identical people resting on a globe. It is the only Mexican church that has the figure of a rabbit on its façade.
Location. 20° 43.938′ N, 100° 26.99′ W. Marker is near Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Querétaro, in Municipality of Querétaro. Marker can be reached from Calle Melchor Ocampo just west of Independencia, on the left when traveling west. The marker is part of a series of markers near replicas of historic landmarks of Querétaro. The series is part of the "Parque Ludíca" attraction, just east of the large man-made lake at Parque Bicentenario. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Querétaro 76220, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Peña de Bernal (within shouting distance of this marker); The Mission at Tilaco (within shouting distance of this marker); The Mission at Jalpan (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of the Santa Cruz (within shouting distance of this marker); Santa Rosa de Viterbo (within shouting distance of this marker); Teatro de la República (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); A Group of Revolutionaries (about 150 meters away); Aqueduct of Querétaro (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Rosa Jáuregui.
Also see . . . San Miguel Concá Franciscan Mission. This link is for the marker at the actual Mission at Concá. (Submitted on June 27, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Man-Made Features •
More. Search the internet for The Mission at Concá.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 27, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.