Fort Recovery in Mercer County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Greeneville Treaty Boundary Line
between Indian and Federal land. This line was
crossed in 1836 when the plot for the town of
Recovery was laid out. David Beardslee laid out the
land north; William McDaniel and David Larkin, the
land south of the line. Because they refused to
communicate, the north and south streets to this
day do not run "through." The "Village of Recovery"
was incorporated in 1858.
Location. 40° 24.823′ N, 84° 46.85′ W. Marker is in Fort Recovery, Ohio, in Mercer County. Marker is on Fort Site Street near West Boundary Street. This marker is located along the "Fort Recovery Battlefield Walking Tour." More specifically, it is situated along the walking path that is found behind the Fort Recovery Museum, in the park that is part of the state historic site. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Fort Site Street, Fort Recovery OH 45846, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sha'anoe Warrior Monument (a few steps from this marker); VanTrees Donation (a few steps from this marker); Battle of the Wabash Prologue to 1791 (a few steps from this marker); The Franke Historical Walkway (within shouting distance of this marker); Native Cultures (within shouting distance of this marker); The Battle of Fallen Timbers and the Treaty of Greeneville (within shouting distance of this marker); The Wabash (Ouabache) River (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Recovery.
Categories. • Native Americans • Peace • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for The Greeneville Treaty Boundary Line.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2019, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 19, 2019, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.