Titusville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Birth of George Washington Bicentennial
the American Revolution
to commemorate the
two hundredth anniversary
of the birth of
1732 - 1932
"There has been no greater
legacy to America · · he is,
apart from independence itself,
the noblest heritage of all."
Erected 1932 by Canadohta Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 37.608′ N, 79° 40.594′ W. Marker is in Titusville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of Central Avenue (Pennsylvania Route 8/27) and Perry Street, on the left when traveling west on Central Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Titusville PA 16354, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel Drake Park (here, next to this marker); Second National Bank, 1865 (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Algrunix Building, 1894 (about 400 feet away); Titusville Oil Exchange (about 500 feet away); Joseph Seep Home (about 600 feet away); Titusville Trust Company, 1919 (about 600 feet away); The Abbott Home (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Titusville.
Regarding Birth of George Washington Bicentennial. The elm tree no longer exists.
Also see . . . A Look Back at George Washington’s Birthday Trees.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Parks & Recreational Areas • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Birth of George Washington Bicentennial.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 53 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 28, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.