St. Ignace in Mackinac County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Huron Indians at St. Ignace
Erected by the St. Ignace Lions Club, 1959
Approved by the Michilimackinac Historical Society
Erected 1959 by St. Ignace Lions Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Native Americans.
Location. 45° 52.277′ N, 84° 43.91′ W. Marker is in St. Ignace, Michigan, in Mackinac County. Marker is on Marquette Street west of North State Street (Business Interstate 75), on the right when traveling west. Marker is next to Fr. Marquette Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 North State Street, Saint Ignace MI 49781, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grave of Father Marquette (a few steps from this marker); Father Marquette Park Kiosk (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Ignace MissionThe Huron Longhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Knights of Columbus Plaque (within shouting distance of this marker); Michilimackinac Cove (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Voyage of Exploration (about 300 feet away); What's in the Water? (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Ignace.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 62 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 11, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.