Fletcher in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lincoln's Funeral Car
— 1809 - 1865 —
On its 13 day journey, carrying the body of Pres. Abraham Lincoln to Springfield, Ill.
The train passed through Fletcher at midnight April 28, 1865
Erected 2019 by The Troy Foundation, Miami County Foundation, Piqua Community Foundation, Miami County Historical & Genealogical Society, Troy Main Street, Miami County Visitors Bureau.
Location. 40° 8.269′ N, 84° 6.736′ W. Marker is in Fletcher, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of South Walnut Street (Ohio Route 589) and West Street, on the right when traveling south on South Walnut Street. Marker is at the crossing of the former Pittsburgh Cincinnati Chicago and St. Louis Railroad. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 681 South Walnut Street, Fletcher OH 45326, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Dilbone Massacre (approx. 1.6 miles away); Brown Township School District #6 (approx. 3.6 miles away); Brigadier General John Webb J. Scott Garbry (approx. 4.6 miles away); Rural Electrification (approx. 4.9 miles away); Piqua's Early African-American Heritage (approx. 6.6 miles away); Vice Admiral Stephen Clegg Rowan (approx. 6.6 miles away); The Village of Huntersville (approx. 6.6 miles away).
1. About the Marker
This marker, and several others, are due to the work of local Railroad Historian, Scott Troetel.
— Submitted October 5, 2019, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Lincoln's Funeral Car.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2019, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 5, 2019, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.