St. Mary's City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Gift of the Society of the Ark and the Dove
The Ark and the Dove
is composed of the
who sailed from
Cowes, Isle of Wight
November 22, 1633
and planted the
Province of Maryland
at Saint Mary's City
March 27, 1634.
Deo, Patriae et
Erected 1934 by The Society of the Ark and the Dove.
Location. 38° 11.244′ N, 76° 26.05′ W. Marker is in St. Mary's City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is on Trinity Church Road just east of Old State House Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 47454 Trinity Church Road, Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saint Mary's Female Seminary (within shouting distance of this marker); After the Disastrous Fire (within shouting distance of this marker); Sharing Land and Legacy (within shouting distance of “...a convenient place for the administration of Justice.” (within shouting distance of this marker); The St. Mary’s Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Trinity Church, St. Mary’s Parish (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leonard Calvert (about 400 feet away); Here Lyeth The Body (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Mary's City.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
More. Search the internet for The Gift of the Society of the Ark and the Dove.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 45 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 5, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.