Durant in Holmes County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1858.
Location. 33° 5.246′ N, 89° 50.97′ W. Marker is in Durant, Mississippi, in Holmes County. Marker is on North Jackson Street (U.S. 51), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16280 North Jackson Street, Durant MS 39063, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Castalian Springs (approx. ¼ mile away); Choctaw Line (approx. 2.1 miles away); New Hope Lutheran Church (approx. 6.3 miles away); Goodman School (approx. 9.1 miles away); Franklin Church (approx. O.E.S. Birthplace (approx. 11.3 miles away); Dr. Arenia Conelia Mallory (approx. 11.9 miles away); St. Paul Church of God in Christ (approx. 11.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Durant.
Also see . . . City of Durant website history. (Submitted on October 10, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 10, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 150 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 10, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.