Victoria in Victoria County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
J. Meredith Tatton House
Noted architect John F. Staub designed this home for the Tattons in 1936, and it was completed the following year. Staub, a Tennessee native, worked for country house architect Harrie Thomas Lindeberg in New York before relocating in 1921 to Houston, where he soon opened his own practice. Staub was a co-founder of the South Texas Chapter of the American Institute of Architects in 1924. Staub and his associates
Erected 2011 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 16919.)
Location. 28° 48.36′ N, 97° 0.552′ W. Marker is in Victoria, Texas, in Victoria County. Marker is on West North Street west of North Victoria Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 West North Street, Victoria TX 77901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Proctor-Vandenberge House (within shouting distance of this marker); Fleming-Welder House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Phillips-Sale House (about 300 feet away); Fernando de Leon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Doña Patricia de la Garza de Leon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Silvestre de Leon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Don Martin de León (approx. 0.3 miles away); Felix de Leon (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Victoria.
Categories. • Agriculture • Architecture • Arts, Letters, Music • Environment • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for J. Meredith Tatton House.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 23, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2019, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 38 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 27, 2019, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.