Herman Le Roy's Mill
The low earthen dike forming Herman Le Roy's mill pond established the location of the Great Niagara Road, the village business district and the four successive Main Street bridges - 1802 of wood, 1823 of stone, 1855 of iron and 1908 of concrete.
Erected 1967 by Sponsored by the Le Roy Historical Society. Donated by the Le Roy Rotary Club.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 42° 58.665′ N, 77° 59.34′ W. Marker was in LeRoy, New York, in Genesee County. Marker was on Main Street (New York State Route 5) 0 miles east of Mill Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Le Roy NY 14482, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Le Roy Post Office (here, next
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
More. Search the internet for Herman Le Roy's Mill.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 3 times this year. Last updated on November 2, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. 4. submitted on November 2, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.