Jackson Township in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1950 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list.
Location. 40° 43.294′ N, 76° 50.251′ W. Marker is in Jackson Township, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. Marker is on State Street (State Highway 147), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 147 State St, Sunbury PA 17801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Scull Trading Post (approx. half a mile away); Herndon Formerly Trevorton Junction (approx. 0.9 miles away); Line Mountain A.K.A. Mahanoy Mountain (approx. 1.3 miles away); Simon SnyderVeterans Memorial (approx. 5.1 miles away); Erected to the Memory of Simon Snyder (approx. 5.4 miles away); Colleen Monica Supinski (approx. 5.6 miles away); Christopher James Vialonga (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson Township.
Also see . . . Pennsylvania Indian Paths. (Submitted on November 29, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,087 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 13, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.