Hereford in Deaf Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Established by the Mothers' Club, founded in 1909. Site, a 1910 gift of Mr. and Mrs. E. O. Thomas, was improved with walks and shade trees.
In 1934 the sponsor group changed its name to "The Pioneer Study Club." With the help of the city of Hereford, it continuously maintains the park.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3482.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Parks & Recreational Areas • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1909.
Location. 34° 49.307′ N, 102° 24.169′ W. Marker is in Hereford, Texas, in Deaf Smith County. Marker is on Main Street south of 9th Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 807 Main Street, Hereford TX 79045, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Two-Wheel Fire Hose Reel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Former Site of St. Anthony's Catholic School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ghost Towns (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Thompson House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Deaf Smith Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hereford High School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Deaf Smith County (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hereford.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 24, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.