Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Tennessee Female College
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1857.
Location. 35° 55.323′ N, 86° 52.113′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is on 4th Avenue South north of South Margin Street, on the right when traveling south. Plaque is located between the sidewalk and the street, but is horizontal to the ground. One needs to be immediately above it to see it clearly. It is not in good condition, as the photo close-up shows. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 240 4th Ave S, Franklin TN 37064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Pyle Clinic (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dan German Hospital (about 500 feet away); Watson House (c. 1881) (about 500 feet away); Lewisburg Avenue Historic District (about 500 feet away); Perkins-Winstead House (about 600 feet away); Franklin Historic District - Historic Home (about Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Railroad Section Foreman's House / Pioneers' Corner (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2020. This page has been viewed 179 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2020. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.