Glen Allan in Washington County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Greenfield Cemetery has been hallowed ground since 1852 when Jonathan McCaleb deeded this site to St. John's Parish whose wardens then were Robert J. Turnbull and Christopher F. Hampton, Wade Hampton, Jr., John T. Chapman, Henry P. Duncan, John Butts, C.F. Hamil, Thomas J. Likens and Abram F. Smith.
This centennial marker was placed here in 1952 by Francis Stuart Harmon in loving tribute to relatives and friends asleep here......
"Till the day break and shadows flee away."
Erected 1952 by Francis Stuart Harmon.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is April 5, 1857.
Location. 33° 0.73′ N, 91° 3.033′ W. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 286 Eastside Lake Washington Road, Glen Allan MS 38744, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jesse Crowell (here, next to this marker); St. John's Church (a few steps from this marker); Hampton Plantation (approx. 3.1 miles away); Grace Mounds (approx. 4.9 miles away); Law Mounds (approx. 6.1 miles away); Old Highway 1 (approx. 6.6 miles away); Cotton Storage House (approx. 6.7 miles away); Swan Lake Mounds (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Allan.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 15, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 15, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.