Near Richmond in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Dabb House
General Lee's Headquarters.
Erected by Battlefield Markers Association. (Marker Number 12.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Virginia - D.S. Freeman (Richmond Battlefields) series list.
Location. 37° 32.595′ N, 77° 22.986′ W. Marker is near Richmond, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Nine Mile Road 0.1 miles west of Dabbs House Road. The marker is located in front of the Dabbs House Museum in the Henrico County Eastern Government Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3812 Nine Mile Road, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dabbs House (here, next to this marker); Nine Mile Road (about The Burying Ground – For Colored Paupers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Oakwood Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away); Oakwood Cemetery Confederate Section (approx. one mile away); Evergreen Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Richmond Defences (approx. 1.7 miles away); Williamsburg Road (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Regarding The Dabb House. The two-room Dabbs House, built in the 1820's, was known as High Meadow. From 1941-2005 it served as headquarters for the Henrico Division of Police. The structure has been recently renovated and opened as the Dabbs House Museum in November 2008.
Also see . . . Dabbs House Museum & Henrico County Tourist Information Center. (Submitted on February 13, 2019.)
Additional keywords. Freeman Markers, Richmond Battlefield Parks Corporation, Douglas Southall Freeman
Credits. This page was last revised on February 13, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 7, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,191 times since then and 23 times this year. Last updated on February 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 7, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.