Sterling in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1931 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number T-38.)
Location. 39° 1.545′ N, 77° 23.49′ W. Marker is in Sterling, Virginia, in Loudoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Potomac View (Virginia Route 637) and Harry Byrd Highway (Virginia Route 7), on the right when traveling south on Potomac View. Next to the Northern Virginia Community College (Loudoun Campus). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sterling VA 20164, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "The Ankerage" (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ambush at Ankers's Shop (about 600 feet away); Guilford Signal Station (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vestal's Gap Road in the 1800s (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vestal's Gap Road Lanesville Historic Area (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lanesville House and Vestal's Gap Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Braddock Campaign (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sterling.
Also see . . . Account of the Movements of Stuart's Cavarly. An excerpt from "The Life and Campaigns of Major-General JEB Stuart" by H. B. Mcclellan (who had served as Stuart's chief of staff during the war). (Submitted on July 10, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: War, US Civil
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,917 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 10, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on March 6, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.