Lancaster in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Moravian Cemetery Site
The cemetery of the Lancaster Moravian Church was located on this site from 1742 until 1917.
During 1917 the graves were removed and interred in Green Wood Cemetery and this portion of land became the site of the Lancaster Post Office.
Names of those originally buried at this site are recorded in the Moravian Archives.
This marker was erected in loving memory of these original Lancaster Moravians by the Congregation of the Lancaster Moravian Church with the assistance of the Conestoga Valley Association and the Louise Steinman Von Hess Foundation.
Erected by the Congregation of the Lancaster Moravian Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 40° 2.418′ N, 76° 18.488′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker is on North Prince Street (U.S. 222) just north of West Marion Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Andrew Ellicott (within shouting distance of this marker); Harry P. Forry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); James Hazlett Binns (about 500 feet away); Ruamie Hill Binns (about 500 feet away); Lancaster County Korean War Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Lancaster County World War II Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Lancaster County Civil War Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Lancaster County World War II Merchant Marine Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
Additional keywords. Moravianism
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 35 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.