Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Confederate Soldiers
the Confederate Soldiers
who in defense of Richmond
gave their lives on the Battlefields
of Henrico County
1861 - 1865
Placed by Lee Chapter No. 123
United Daughters of the Confederacy
Erected 1948 by United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1861.
Location. 37° 31.842′ N, 77° 25.449′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street and South 22nd Street, on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. This marker is located in front of the Old Henrico County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2127 East Main Street, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City of Richmond Bicentennial (here, next to this marker); Franklin Street Burying Grounds (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Quakers in RichmondLibby Prison (about 700 feet away); The Oldest House (about 800 feet away); Libby Prison CSA (about 800 feet away); Richmond Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Shockoe Valley (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 21, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 956 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 21, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.