History on Lake Wallenpaupack
Wallenpaupack Lake Trail
Summer time at Lake Wallenpaupack has been a family tradition since the lake first opened to recreation. Today, many local businesses rely on the lake for tourism.
[Historic post card photo captions, clockwise from left, read]
• Picnic Grove at White Beauty View, Lake Wallenpaupack Pennsylvania
• The Great Wallenpaupack Dam and Lake, Looking East, Hawley, Pa.
• View Down Lake Wallenpaupack From Duffy's, Pike County, Pa.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. 41° 26.949′ N, 75° 10.733′ W. Marker is in Wilsonville, Pennsylvania, in Pike County. Marker is on Lake Wallenpaupack Road (U.S. 6) 0.2 miles south of Wilsonville Road, on the right when traveling south. Marker is on the grounds of the Pocono Mountains Visitor Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2512 US 6, Hawley PA 18428, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wallenpaupack River (here, next to this marker); History of Wilsonville, PA (here, next to this marker);
Also see . . .
1. Wilsonville, Pennsylvania at Wikipedia. (Submitted on December 31, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Lake Wallenpaupack at Wikipedia. (Submitted on December 31, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 31, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 33 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 31, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.