Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Devils Elbow in Pulaski County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Devil's Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri

Route 66 Roadside Attraction

 
 
Devil's Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jason Voigt, April 10, 2021
1. Devil's Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri Marker
The Route 66 Roadside Attraction part on top is missing.
Inscription.  Established in 1870 and named after a bad bend in the Big Piney River, this "devil of an elbow" was made famous by historic Route 66.
 
Erected by Hampton Hotels Save-a-Landmark Program.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Bridges & ViaductsRoads & VehiclesWaterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Route 66 Roadside Attractions 🛣️, and the U.S. Route 66 🛣️ series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1870.
 
Location. 37° 50.67′ N, 92° 4.097′ W. Marker is in Devils Elbow, Missouri, in Pulaski County. Marker is on Teardrop Road east of Tealhouse Drive, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located off a roadside pullout, half a mile west of the Devils Elbow bridge. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21333 Teardrop Rd, Devils Elbow MO 65457, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (approx. 5 miles away); Pulaski County Freedom Rock (approx. 5 miles away); The Trailblazers
Devil's Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jason Voigt, April 10, 2021
2. Devil's Elbow, Pulaski County, Missouri Marker
Marker is off a roadside pullout, going towards east
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 7 miles away); 75th Infantry Division (approx. 7 miles away); Old Stage Coach Stop (approx. 7.3 miles away); Waynesville Fort (approx. 7.3 miles away); Pulaski County (approx. 7.4 miles away); Rigsby House and Standard Oil Station (approx. 7.4 miles away).
 
Devil's Elbow Bridge image. Click for full size.
By Jason Voigt, April 10, 2021
3. Devil's Elbow Bridge
This bridge carried the original 1926 road of Route 66. The bridge was renovated in the early 2010s and was reopened to traffic in 2014.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 10, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=170623

Paid Advertisement
May. 14, 2021