Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Kelsey Harris Douglass
Commander of the
Texas forces in the
decisive battle with the
July 16, 1839
Charter member of
Grand Masonic Lodge
Died Oct. 4, 1840
Anne Elizabeth Douglass
Died in July, 1840
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 9269.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 16, 1839.
Location. 31° 36.175′ N, 94° 38.988′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Lanana Street and East Hospital Street. Marker is located within Oak Grove Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Captain Hayden Arnold (a few steps from this marker); Haden Edwards (within Oak Grove Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); John S. Roberts (within shouting distance of this marker); Elias E. Hamilton (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Standfield Taylor (within shouting distance of this marker); Thomas Young Buford (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Robert Anderson Irion (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nacogdoches.
Also see . . . Douglass, Kelsey Harris (unknown–1840) - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on April 17, 2021, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2021, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 18, 2021, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.