Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Detroit Medical College
Erected by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S287.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1868.
Location. 42° 20.96′ N, 83° 3.533′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Woodward Avenue (State Highway 1) and Selden Street, on the right when traveling north on Woodward Avenue. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Orchestra Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); American Academy of Pediatrics (approx. 0.2 miles away); Detroit Urban League (approx. 0.2 miles away); Recreation Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Alpha House (approx. ¼ mile away); David Whitney, Jr. Residence (approx. 0.3 miles away); Friendship Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); West Canfield Historic District (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Detroit College of Medicine. Excerpt:
The Detroit College of Medicine was chartered in 1868. In 1879 a competing Michigan College of Medicine was founded. In 1885 the two schools merged under the name Detroit College of Medicine.(Submitted on May 5, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 5, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 5, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.