Sherwood Veterans Memorial
Dedicated July 4, 2007 To All Veterans And Their Families
The memorial replaces this Civil War Memorial which had been erected and dedicated July 3, 1909, the statue is preserved from the Civil War Memorial.
The inscription on the memorial read:
Memorial to the heroes of 1861 to 1865 who gave their lives that our nation might live
Erected by Hancock WRC No. 282
Hancock Post No. 579 GAR
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 3, 1909.
Location. 41° 17.371′ N, 84° 33.176′ W. Marker is in Sherwood, Ohio, in Defiance County. Memorial is at the intersection of North Harrison Street (U.S. 127) and Ash Street, on the right when traveling north on North Harrison Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 N Harrison St, Sherwood OH 43556, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. G.A.R. Soldiers Monument (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Sherwood Veterans Memorial (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Sherwood Veterans Memorial
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 12, 2021, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 12, 2021, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.