Conner House Restoration
Originally known as Blooms Grove, this antebellum house served as Field Headquarters for General Joseph Johnston, Confederate States Army, during the Summer of 1861 and later was used as a hospital by both southern and northern troops.
Through the efforts of many people and organizations, the Conner House will be restored so that the public can appreciate its historic and architectural value.
Erected by Conner House Historical Society; City of Manassas Park, Virginia.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1861.
Location. 38° 45.949′ N, 77° 26.712′ W. Marker has been reported damaged. Marker is in Manassas Park, Virginia. Marker is on Conner Drive, 0.2 miles east of Euclid Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8220 Conner Dr, Manassas VA 20111, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Conner House (here, next to this marker); Battle of Bull Run Bridge (here, next to this marker); Manassas 1825
Credits. This page was last revised on May 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 15, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.