Wilmington in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1658 - 1738
Erected 1989 by Fort Christina Chapter, Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the The Colonial Dames XVII Century, National Society series list.
Location. 39° 44.306′ N, 75° 32.437′ W. Marker is in Wilmington, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker can be reached from North Church Street south of East 7th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 606 N Church St, Wilmington DE 19801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Memory of John Hendrickson, Sr. (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Charles Springer (a few steps from this marker); Judge Ignatius C. Grubb (a few steps from this marker); Bayard Plot (a few steps from this marker); "M. B." StoneIron Letters on the Church (a few steps from this marker); Graffiti Doors (a few steps from this marker); Stidham Family (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilmington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2021, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on May 22, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. 2. submitted on June 7, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.