Lampasas in Lampasas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Oak Hill Cemetery
Hartwell Fountain sold ten acres of land to the City of Lampasas in 1872 to establish this cemetery. Originally known as City Cemetery, it was renamed Oak Hill Cemetery in 1908. The Ladies Cemetery Association, a group of concerned Lampasas women, maintained the cemetery from 1891 to 1948, when the city assumed responsibility. Among those buried here are local pioneers, prominent business people, veterans of wars including the Texas Revolution and the Civil War, and their descendants.
Erected 1992 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3646.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1872.
Location. 31° 4.211′ N, 98° 11.765′ W. Marker is in Lampasas, Texas, in Lampasas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Cemetery Road and North Porter Street. The marker is located in the southeastern section of the Oak Hill Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 702 North Porter Street, Lampasas TX 76550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. American Legion Auxiliary Memorial V.F.W. Memorial (about 400 feet away); James Jackson Beeman (approx. Ό mile away); Garrison Greenwood (approx. Ό mile away); Walter P. Acker (approx. 0.3 miles away); James S. Gillett (approx. 0.3 miles away); Saint Mary's Catholic Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Malone-Manuel House (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lampasas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.