Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Wardlaw-Smith House
Erected 1972 by The Madison Rotary Club and Department of State. (Marker Number F-196.)
Location. 30° 28.171′ N, 83° 24.925′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is on West Base Street (U.S. 90), on the left when traveling east. Located about 20' east of "Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center" marker. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center (a few steps from this marker); Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church First Baptist Church 1898 Sanctuary (about 500 feet away); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); Dial-Goza House (approx. 0.2 miles away); W.T. Davis Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ellaville Post Office (approx. half a mile away); Steam Engine of the Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . . The Wardlaw-Smith House. (Submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for The Wardlaw-Smith House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 2,444 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 7, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.