Clinton in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Gen. George W. Taylor
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural And Heritage Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1808.
Location. 40° 38.337′ N, 74° 54.446′ W. Marker is in Clinton, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Center Street, on the right when traveling west. Marker is in front of Clinton Presbyterian Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clinton NJ 08809, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General George W. Taylor (here, next to this marker); Capt. Archd. S. Taylor (within shouting distance of this marker); Four Corners (approx. 0.2 miles away); Minisink Trail (approx. 0.2 miles Clinton Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Town of Clinton, New Jersey (approx. ¼ mile away); The Great Clinton Fire (approx. ¼ mile away); Dunham's Mill (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
1. Gen. Taylor was born
at the original home of the Taylors (now Solitude House Museum) located at 7 River Road in High Bridge.
In his early years, Taylor was an ironworker at Taylor Iron and Steel Company.
— Submitted May 3, 2009, by William Honachefsky Jr of High Bridge/Clinton Twp, New Jersey.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 22, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,383 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 22, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.