Florence in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1992 by Historic Chattachooche Commission, Georgia Department of Natural Resources and Stewart County.
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Wars, US Indian. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1836.
Location. 32° 5.298′ N, 85° 2.522′ W. Marker is in Florence, Georgia, in Stewart County. Memorial can be reached from Florence Road, 0.1 miles west of Georgia Route 39, on the right when traveling Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 218 Florence Rd, Omaha GA 31821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fort Jones (approx. 2 miles away); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 5˝ miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7.8 miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 8.2 miles away); Glennville (approx. 8˝ miles away in Alabama); Spanish Fort, 1689-1691 (approx. 9.4 miles away in Alabama).
More about this marker. Marker was originally located near 32° 5.29′ N, 85° 2.551′ W. on Florence Road. It was likely moved to this new location around 2011.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,763 times since then and 189 times this year. Last updated on September 19, 2021, by James L.Whitman of Eufaula, Alabama. Photos: 1. submitted on August 6, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on January 5, 2021, by James L.Whitman of Eufaula, Alabama. 3. submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4, 5. submitted on January 5, 2021, by James L.Whitman of Eufaula, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.