Near Northside in Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Indiana Federation of Colored Women’s Clubs
Erected 1997 by Indiana Historical Bureau and Indiana Federation of Colored Women’s Clubs. (Marker Number 49.1997.1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Civil Rights • Women. In addition, it is included in the Indiana Historical Bureau Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1904.
Location. 39° 47.634′ N, 86° 9.717′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. It is in Near Northside. Marker is on North Capitol Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2034 N Capitol Ave, Indianapolis IN 46202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lt. Col. Joseph H. Ward, M.D. (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andrew “Bo” Foster / Andrew Foster, 1919-1987 T.C. Steele Studio and Herron (approx. half a mile away); Camp Morton (approx. half a mile away); Widows and Orphans Friends’ Society (approx. 0.6 miles away); Meredith Nicholson (approx. 0.6 miles away); Indianapolis Propylaeum (approx. 0.7 miles away); First Home of The Children’s Museum (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Indianapolis.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 4, 2023. It was originally submitted on July 22, 2007, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. This page has been viewed 2,298 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2007, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.