Cumberland in Allegany County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This Tablet Marks the Site of Old Fort Cumberland
Erected 1920 by Cresap Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 39.049′ N, 78° 45.878′ W. Marker is in Cumberland, Maryland, in Allegany County. Marker is at the intersection of Greene St. and Washington Street on Greene St.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cumberland MD 21502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Fort Cumberland (here, next to this marker); Ohio Co. and Fort Cumberland (a few steps from this marker); Baltimore Street Bridge (a few steps from this marker); Algonquian Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Alteration of the Site (within Abandonment of Ft. Cumberland (within shouting distance of this marker); Trenches and Tunnels / Army Discipline (within shouting distance of this marker); Perimeter of the Fort (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
More. Search the internet for This Tablet Marks the Site of Old Fort Cumberland.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 21, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,326 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 7, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.