Liberty in Liberty County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Milton Ashley Hardin
(November 4, 1813 - September 18, 1894)
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9662.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Native Americans • War, Texas Independence. A significant historical year for this entry is 1828.
Location. 30° 3.795′ N, 94° 48.17′ W. Marker is in Liberty, Texas, in Liberty County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Bowie Street and Grand Avenue. The marker is located at the southern section of the City Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 800 Bowie Street, Liberty TX 77575, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Franklin Hardin (a few steps from this marker); Cornelius de Vore (a few steps from this marker); City Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Catholic Cemetery (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Liberty's Ursuline Convent (approx. 0.4 miles away); Seven Pines (approx. 0.4 miles away); Plaza Iglesia Parroquial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Plaza Constitucional (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Liberty.
Also see . . . Hardin, Milton Ashley (1813–1894).
He sold his 413-acre tract of land in Polk County (originally Liberty County) to the Texas Indian commissioners for the Alabama Indian Reservation in 1854; the land is now the location of the Alabama-Coushatta Indian Reservation. Source: The Handbook of Texas(Submitted on April 18, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 18, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 74 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 19, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.