Near San Marcos in Caldwell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
— Old San Antonio Road —
Daughters of the
and the State of Texas
Erected 1918 by the Daughters of the American Revolution and the State of Texas. (Marker Number 73.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail series list.
Location. 29° 54.162′ N, 97° 52.075′ W. Marker is near San Marcos, Texas, in Caldwell County. Marker is on State Highway 21, 0.9 miles east of Airport Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Marcos TX 78666, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hays County (approx. 2.4 miles away); San Marcos-Blanco Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Cheatham-Hohenberg Cemetery (approx. 2.8 miles away); McGehee Crossing (approx. 2.8 miles away); Sink Springs (approx. 3.1 miles away); Beef for the Confederacy (approx. 3˝ miles away); The Old Lime Kiln (approx. 3˝ miles away); Col. Ignacio Elizondo’s 1813 Campaign (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Marcos.
More about this marker. Approximately 128 identical markers were placed, at roughly 5 mile intervals, by the DAR in 1918 throughout Texas to mark the route of the historic highway. This is marker number 73, when traveling from east to west, along the route.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2022, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 10, 2022, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.