Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
The History of Harlinsdale Farms
The farm was also home to the first electric power plant in Franklin. (you are currently facing the power plant north wall, it operated on this spot)
Today, the farm is owned by the City of Franklin as a public park for all to enjoy. By following this History Walk, you can take a trip back in time and visit “The Mother Church of the Walking Horse World.”
This walk was created by Girl Scout Sophia Saliby from Troop 2701 for her Gold Award Project.
Caption: Midnight Sun 1940-1965 Harlinsdale Farm Franklin, TN
Erected by Historic Franklin Tennessee. (Marker Number 1.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Animals. A significant historical year for this entry is 1935.
Location. 35° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 239 Franklin Rd, Franklin TN 37064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Main Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); Retreat from Nashville (within shouting distance of this marker); Grave of Midnight Sun (within shouting distance of this marker); The Working Farm (within shouting distance of this marker); Jasmine Grove / Myles Manor Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Allen Manufacturing Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Truett House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rusty Mechanism (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Also see . . . Harlinsdale Farm. This Williamson County property is the most significant extant historic farm associated with the modern Tennessee Walking Horse industry. (Carroll Van West, Tennessee Encyclopedia, posted Oct. 8, 2017) (Submitted on July 16, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.