Waco in McLennan County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Mary's Church of the Assumption
Most Rev. John E. McCarthy Bishop, Diocese of Austin installed February 25, 1986
Rev Msgr. John E. Driscoll pastor, St. Mary's Church January 15, 1988
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4470.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Education • Women. A significant historical date for this entry is January 15, 1988.
Location. 31° 33.042′ N, 97° 8.468′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1401 Washington Avenue, Waco TX 76701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Austin Avenue United Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); Austin Avenue Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of Waco (approx. ¼ mile away); First Lutheran Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Evangelia Settlement (approx. half a mile away); Stratton Stricker Building (approx. half a mile away); Waco Theatre (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waco.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 10, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 9, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 10, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.