Port Jervis in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Mine Road
America. Built by Dutch
miners before 1664 from
Kingston to copper mines
near Delaware Water Gap.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1664.
Location. 41° 22.374′ N, 74° 40.959′ W. Marker is in Port Jervis, New York, in Orange County. Marker is on E Main Street (U.S. 6), on the right when traveling north. Marker is located in front of the Port Jervis Middle School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 118 E Main Street, Port Jervis NY 12771, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oldest Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Crane House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stephen Crane (approx. 0.4 miles away); Korean War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The American Revolution (approx. half a mile away); Civil War MemorialWar on Terrorism Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Jervis.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Markers related to the Old Mine Road.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 979 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.