Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1967 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number 27.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts or Castles • Native Americans • War, French and IndianWar, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list.
Location. 42° 19.647′ N, 83° 2.875′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Blvd. and Jefferson Ave., on the right when traveling east on Washington Blvd.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Detroit MI 48226, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James A. Bailey (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Veterans' Memorial Building (about 600 feet away); State Savings Bank (about 700 feet away); Comerica Incorporated (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Lernoult (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ford Motor Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ford Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stearns Telephone (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Fort Ponchartrain du Detroit - French Rule - 1701-1760. This link is part of a site entitled "History Detroit, 1701-2001." (Submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
1. Fort Pontchartrain plaque
This marker has been relocated
— Submitted January 1, 2015.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 21, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 3,989 times since then and 134 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.