Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Sardis Methodist Church
Four church buildings have stood on this site: a little log cabin; a two-story wooden structure built by the members and destroyed by a cyclone; a third church building erected with the help of Sardis Lodge No. 107 F. & A. M., who used the second floor as a meeting place; and the present edifice, built in the 1920’s, in the style of 1812.
Some of the church roll today are descendants of charter members. Four families have belonged for four generations and seven have been members for three generations.
Erected 1957 by Georgia
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 51.429′ N, 84° 23.051′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Powers Ferry Road NW 0.1 miles north of Roswell Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3725 Powers Ferry Road NW, Atlanta GA 30342, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Williams' Ky. Cavalry at Nancy's Creek (approx. 0.9 miles away); Howard’s Corps at Nancy’s Creek (approx. 0.9 miles away); Civil War Siege Cannon (approx. one mile away); Gov. John M. Slaton (approx. 1.1 miles away); Swan House (approx. 1.1 miles away); 20th A.C.; Pace's Fy. Rd. (approx. 1.2 miles away); “The Storyteller” (approx. 1.2 miles away); 4th A.C. at Buckhead (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 15, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,045 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on October 15, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.