Near Genoa in Vernon County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Wisconsin's First Nuclear-Fueled Electric Generating Station
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Events • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1862.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 43° 33.591′ N, 91° 13.798′ W. Marker was near Genoa, Wisconsin, in Vernon County. Marker could be reached from Great River Road (State Highway 35) 0.8 miles south of Main Street (State Highway 56), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Genoa WI 54632, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. La Crosse Boiling Water Reactor (approx. half a mile away); Dams on the Mississippi (approx. half a mile away); Site of Red Bird's Village (approx. 3.3 miles away); Black Hawks Outpost (approx. 6.9 miles away); Battle of Bad Axe (approx. 7.2 miles away); Black Hawk War (approx. 7.2 miles away); Head of Battle Isle (approx. 7.2 miles away); Chief Win-no-shik, the Elder (approx. 9.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Genoa.
More about this marker. This 1976 marker was located at
Also see . . . Aerial photo of the power plant. (Submitted on October 23, 2009.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,264 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 3, 2009. 3. submitted on October 23, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.