Coltons Point in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Clement's Island
Erected 1934 by State of Maryland.
Location. 38° 12.509′ N, 76° 44.66′ W. Marker is in Coltons Point, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker can be reached from Point Breeze Road 0.2 miles from Colton Point Road (Maryland Route 242). Marker is on St. Clements Island which is only accessibly by boat. A ferry operates on weekends from the St. Clement's Island Museum on Point Breeze Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coltons Point MD 20626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "With a laudable and pious zeal for the propagation of the Christian faith" (a few steps from this marker); Welcome to St. Clement's Island (within shouting distance of this marker); A Target for Big Guns Blackistone Island Lighthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); "...one of the pleasantest summer resorts on the Potomac" (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Shrinking Island (about 600 feet away); Maryland Began Here! (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Welcome to St. Clement's Island (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coltons Point.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Events •
More. Search the internet for St. Clement's Island.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 681 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 7, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.