Near Richmond in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Developmnt Commission. (Marker Number V-1.)
Location. 37° 29.033′ N, 77° 23.748′ W. Marker is near Richmond, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is at the intersection of New Market Road (Virginia Route 5) and Herman Street, on the right when traveling east on New Market Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Henrico VA 23231, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chatsworth School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Surrender of Richmond (approx. 0.7 miles away); Powhatan (approx. one mile away); Galaxy (approx. 1.2 miles away); John Rolfe (approx. 1.3 miles away); Richmond Defences (approx. 1.8 miles away); Darbytown Road Advancing On Richmond (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Regarding Wilton. Five years after this marker was erected, in 1933, Wilton was purchased by the Virginia Society of The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America and moved to its current location at 215 S Wilton Rd in Richmond. Opened to the public in 1952, Wilton is today the Wilton House Museum.
Also see . . . Wilton House Museum. (Submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Wilton.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 653 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 4. submitted on November 30, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.