“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Kells in County Meath, Leinster, Ireland — Mid-East (and Dublin)

The Churchyard Wall

Kells Heritage Trail

The Churchyard Wall Marker image. Click for full size.
September 22, 2009
1. The Churchyard Wall Marker
This wall marks the boundary of the original monastery and was rebuilt in 1714. When part of the wall collapsed after heavy rains in 1997, it was discovered to have no foundation. It was rebuilt again in 1998, this time with reinforced bulwarks.
Erected by Meath Tourism.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1714.
Location. 53° 43.631′ N, 6° 52.764′ W. Marker is in Kells, Leinster, in County Meath. Marker is at the intersection of Cannon Street (Road 163) and Suffolk Street, on the right when traveling west on Cannon Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Suffolk Street (a few steps from this marker); St Columba's Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Catherine Dempsey (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Kells Round Tower (about 120 meters away); Headfort Place (approx. half a kilometer away); Kells Courthouse
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. half a kilometer away); Market Cross (approx. half a kilometer away); Spire of Loyd (approx. 1.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kells.
The Churchyard Wall Marker image. Click for full size.
September 22, 2009
2. The Churchyard Wall Marker
The Churchyard Wall Marker image. Click for full size.
September 22, 2009
3. The Churchyard Wall Marker
Looking west along Cannon Street toward the Round Tower.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 12, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,064 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on January 12, 2010.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2024